Yoga fantasies, staff lovely & kind with Fawlty tower experience
Reise (2 Nächte), 8. Mai. 2019
The bedroom is very nicely decorated and very large. So is the bathroom. The window would not close, so I am not sure how it feel during the winter months, though there is aircon in the room.
There is hardly anyone at the reception. They are on call 90% of the time. They is no restaurant. If you want a breakfast, you can’t just rock in. You have to order it the night before. I have not tried it, and so will not be able to comment.
It’s super quiet.
Would need a car to go anywhere. There is no shopping/restaurant/cafes walking distance.
Familienurlaub (5 Nächte), 20. Apr.. 2019
I loved the peaceful vibe the property offers. I relaxed by the pond reading my book, utilising the hammock and the swing. So good. Walk the path to a lovely beach. The only thing that I didn't like was that it had no fridge/microwave in the room and the coffee shop was only open on the weekend.
The staff were amazing and very friendly. Made you feel right at home.
Familienurlaub (3 Nächte), 16. Apr.. 2019
The place was beautiful, but there was no one there to meet you or greet you, no welcome book and barely any amenities.
No one seemed to be there at all, and it was almost deserted.
The furniture and rooms were stunning however, but service and staff visibility needs to be dramatically improved.
Urlaub mit Freunden (2 Nächte), 14. März. 2019
Beautiful accomadation just divine. The little things let it down like coffee in the room but no milk or tea. No fridge when asked a
Reise (1 Nacht), 28. Feb.. 2019
A unique place with lovely staff and a relaxex setting.
Familienurlaub (1 Nacht), 28. Feb.. 2019
Beautiful retreat away from reality and crowds. Boho/costal design with a touch of spirituality makes this a unique holiday escape.
Reise (1 Nacht), 24. Jan.. 2019
Crap hotel. Cant even contact them. Never again. Caused horrible issues.
Reise (1 Nacht), 8. Jan.. 2019
Relaxing stay at Casuarina Oceans Retreat
Very enjoyable stay at Casuarina Oceans Retreat. Very relaxing, very helpful staff (thanks Lilly). Had a real homely feel about it.
John, Romantikurlaub (3 Nächte), 29. Dez.. 2018
peaceful, close to a beautiful beach & pretty coastal town!
1.difficult to contact staff on the provided number & same when we arrived.
2. on arrival the "name" on the retreat premises were different from stated.
3. staff were unaware that the name on entrance was different from "Casuarina Ocean Retreat" and was "Cabarita Ocean Retreat".
4. no fridges: we took our 87Ltr esky which was extremely heavy since we were staying 4 nights and traveling with 2 our children. Our room was located up 2 flights of steps - when asked if the "lift works - staff said no". Credit to 1 staff person who stepped in to help!
5. MISLEADING: the "images from the advert" and the word "retreat" conjured up thoughts that the yoga, massage, bike hire are all included. Not at all! Gym was free but so old and rusted and I'm sure not annually checked.
6. a family of 4 - the room supplied 2 tea cups, 2 glasses, 1 bath washer, 1 beach towel. Although, correct supply of bath towels.
7. the bath and especially the toilet seat and around the toilet had not been cleaned.
8. there were no "Fire Evacuation Procedures" in our room nor in the gym nor anywhere else to be visually seen by guests.
9. the café: no working coffee machine and no permanent staff between the operational times of 8am-1pm and no visible sign of the café being a "registered food provider".
10. non-existent staff in general but especially difficult when our "room cards: failed on day 2.
Reise (4 Nächte), 26. Dez.. 2018